Sunday 19 May 2013

SIMPLE(R) SUNDAY: Glitter Lines

Hello lovelies,

I'm not sure what to make of this one. On the one hand, the basic principle isn't difficult (though mastering the method is). On the other hand, it takes forever. So, if you are an impatient person like I am, this look is very difficult.

Sorry I look jaundiced; I was trying to get the polishes colour-accurate.

I started with a base of 1977, with Honey Dew on my accent finger. I then coated my thumbnail with a non-quick-dry Duri top coat I had kicking around, licked the tip of a toothpick, and began to place the little holo diamond glitters.



I repainted top coat as needed to make sure the glitter would stay put. I had a pair of cuticle nippers handy in case any pieces of glitter went awry, which of course they did, in order to gingerly pick them up off of wherever on my nail they decided to alight. Oh, and cursed. I cursed a lot.



For the queen bee of glitter placement, I invite you to check out Polish All the Nails. I think Laura might be a superhero. A glitter superhero. She also has very handy tutorials on how to do stuff like this. Hint: start in the middle!!

The sunshine didn't want to play with the holo; boo!

Polishes used:
la couleur couture - 1977
piCture pOlish - Honey Dew
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)
Duri - non yellowing top coat
Seche Vite (2 coats)
toothpick
loose holographic diamond glitter
patience
loss of patience
loss of mind

I'm thinking of doing one more manicure tomorrow for a competition on Instagram, then it's a solid 5 days of naked nails for me-- gotta let them breathe, and try to get my cuticles in line again.


J.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I really like the cubic look on your non-accent nails, I never thought of doing this, but I simply love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! To be honest, I wasn't thinking of doing it either, but then it happened. And I like anything 3D-looking when it's on 2D surfaces, so it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been a fan of Escher's art. And these nails made me think of his work because of the different dimensions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, yeah! I wasn't really planning for it, and then it happened! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS