Tuesday 28 May 2013

Tattoo-Style Chrysanthemum

I love chrysanthemums. They're so complex looking, like little floral nesting dolls, and they unfurl their long fine petals so delicately. They're like the peony's more restrained sister. :)


I did these up for an IG contest with a theme of 'tattoo style'. (Yes, the same one as my one-stroke roses of wallpapery questionable success!) I haven't been feeling my nail art mojo these past couple days -- a lot of Real Life stuff is weighing on me, I think -- but I was browsing through Google Images and was moved to at least try this out. And while it isn't as elegant as the drawing I based it off of, I think it's still a pretty eye-catching result!


I began with three coats of Flushed, followed by a coat of Wicked Fast. The flower and leaves are all acrylic paint. I loooove Flushed, but am not yet sure about Wicked Fast. It seems to be producing shrinkage on me (and I'm noticing dents in the fingers of my other hand long after Seche would have prevented them from happening). I like its thinner consistency for most purposes, but I find it best to stick with a thicker topcoat when putting it on top of nail art, so as to not disturb the art underneath (which is why I used Seche in this case).

Polishes used:
Cult Nails - Flushed, Wicked Fast (top coat)
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)
Seche Vite (top coat)
acrylic paint in green, yellow, red, white, crimson, black
detail brush

So, worth the effort? Or at least better executed, as an idea, than last time?? :P

Don't forget my giveaway! Enter enter enter, it is so lonely without you!!


J.

2 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS