Friday 24 May 2013

Gradient Gingham

I COULDN'T STAY AWAY

The first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have a problem. I probably have a problem, but I definitely don't care.

Now... what to call these? I don't know what these are. Reverse plaid? Regular plaid? Gingham? None of the above? Whatever, I'm going with gingham because then I've got an alliterative title.



It's a super gross, rainy day here today (which is good, it's the first good rain of the season, I can pretty well hear the plants heaving a sigh of relief). As such, I wanted something colourful! And then I couldn't leave a gradient well enough alone.



Turns out I can't use a liner brush worth a damn. Look at that middle finger! For one, it's missing a line (!!!), and for two, it's on a slant! Holy jeez.



For this look, my gradient was made with the Sally Hansen colours over a base of French White to make them pop. I did the lines with Funny Bunny and the KONAD polish. It's a pretty straightforward look!



Polishes used:
Nina Ultra Pro - French White
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Fuchsia Power, Coral Reef, Sun Kissed, Green With Envy
OPI - Funny Bunny
KONAD - Special Stamping Polish in White
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)
Poshé (top coat)
two sizes of liner brushes
a questionably steady hand

I will still give it a few days between manis for the time being, while my cuticles continue to heal-- they are still nowhere near where I'd like 'em!


J.

2 comments:

  1. so the lighter white underneath the bright thin white lines, is that jellied to look lighter or did you use a whitish jelly? i love this, and i need to know how you did it!! like everything else you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a white jelly! Funny Bunny, by OPI. It's an incredibly useful polish, I find. :) The bright white is my white KONAD stamping polish, for optimum opacity.


    PS: you're sweet!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS