Sunday 5 May 2013

Snow Bengals

Hello!

This was my second attempt at this particular bit of nail art, and while I'm still not convinced it looks anything like its inspiration, I wanted to get 'er done for the inimitably sweet @lilyandjinks. The inspiration was the marbled markings on the eponymous Lily, a beautiful snow Bengal you can see in action here, here, here (oh GOD the CUTE)... and here. I'm basically in love with her.



The background is definitely more Lily but the markings ended up darker than I was aiming for, and are therefore a bit more Jinks. So, I guess I'm just all kinds of Bengal-happy over here.



For this, I used a combination of Temperance, Tettegouche and Dominate (with accents of Jacqueline for highlights) on top of a sponged gradient of Kalahari Kiss, Jacqueline and Spirit. I used nail polish thinner to help blend everything a bit.





This was supposed to go up yesterday but Spamalot was a mostly unanticipated bump in my schedule! Still, I hope it was worth the wait.

Polishes used:
China Glaze - Kalahari Kiss
Zoya - Jacqueline
Elevation Polish - Temperance, Tette (formerly Tettegouche)
Revlon - Spirit, Dominate
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)
Sally Hansen - Insta-Dri (top coat)
Poshé nail polish thinner
size 0 flat brush, nail art brush


J.

1 comment:

  1. I love this so much! You've really captured her markings :) I'd love to attempt a Lily mani one day!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS