Saturday 18 May 2013

Starfishies!

I was in the pharmacy the other day and this blue polish, Blue My Mind (haha), called out to me. So, today, I used it for some quick 'n' dirty nail art: starfish!



For this look, I went with two coats of smooth, buttery blue polish-- such an awesome colour in person, a bright shimmery primary blue, it's like Wonder Woman blue. I then painted the starfish with acrylic paint.



All of the designs are based on real starfish! I think starfish are so neat. I love how they move, how they hang out on things at low tide, how they're these little mechanical masterpieces when they're prying things apart... pure awesome. Plus they're cute.



Polishes used:
Sally Hansen - Blue My Mind (Salon Effects line)
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat; do not skip base coat with blue polish, though this one doesn't seem to stain!)
Seche Vite (top coat)
acrylic paint
detail brush


J.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I really like all the different types of starfish you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It was hard to choose, so many neat starfish out there!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS