Thursday 26 September 2013

Spice Cake Drippy Nails

Nothing to Disclose

Lovelies, I'm a day late, I hope that's ok! I was working on a secret project. :)

But here is a mani for you:


I've never done drippy nails before! They look a bit messy here, sorry about that, but I actually really like how they look on the hand. 


For this look, I began with three coats of French Roast. It's a lovely microglitter and I love it on the nail even more than I thought I would, but it could stand to be denser. With the size of the glitter, I think a two-coater would be entirely possible without forsaking ease of application. But, at any rate, three generous coats later, I had very sparkly brown nails!


I applied one coat of Glitter Food, one coat of top coat, and then painted on the drips in white acrylic paint first and Coney Island Queen second. I wanted the overall look to be kind of cake-and-frosting-ish. I think I should have left the drips white, though; it was a cleaner look.


I posted a video to Instagram of the sparkle of the base colour in action:


Polishes used:
Nail Pattern Boldness - Glitter A-Peel (base coat), Glitter Food
Rica - Glossy Glam (top coat)
white acrylic paint
medium detail brush

I'm parched for inspiration, but I think I have a plan for my next one. It'll be a gooder.

xo,

J.

4 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS