Friday 20 September 2013

Liebster Award

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies!


I interrupt our usual programming to bring you the fact that Anastasia, a long-time darling reader whose comments always make me smile, has nominated me for a Liebster award! This award is sort of a pay-it-forward way for you (and I) to discover new blogs.

The rules
1) Link back to the person who nominated you;
2) Put the Liebster Blog image in the sidebar of your blog;
3) Answer 11 questions made up by the person who nominated you;
4) Provide 11 random facts about yourself;
5) Nominate 5 to 11 up-and-coming blogs with fewer than 200 followers;
6) Come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer;
7) And contact your nominees to let them know, of course!

I'll admit, I'm crap at finding new blogs. I follow mostly well-established bloggers with huge followings, and even then I have a hard time keeping up with all their posts! So, I will do numbers 1 - 4 from the rules above, and then I'll ask for your help: are there any unsung nail art heroes in your blog list? Let's get our heads together and nominate them! If we can come up with 5, I'll brainstorm and put together a list of questions for them.

In the meantime, onto my tasks!

Lovely Anastasia nominated me! Click the image above to visit her blog!

Here are Anastasia's questions for me:

1) What are your hobbies besides nail design? I like to read, though I don't do it nearly as much as I should. Lately I've been reading Shantaram; it's quite the novel!

2) What place in the world do you want to visit most of all? All of the places!! But if I had to choose only one, it would probably be Tahiti. Too bad it's so far from everything. :'(

3) What was the first blog you started following? Chalkboard Nails, because Sarah's Eye of Sauron mani was the precise thing that got me back into nail art.

4) What is your favourite holiday? I don't really have one; I'm very lax when it comes to the holidays (all of them)! I like the promise of renewal and change in New Year's, though.

5) Do you have any fears (snakes or smth like that:))) Death/dying (it comes in phases and is almost a clinical phobia), and spiders. I think snakes are pretty cute. :)

6) What is your favourite design to do on nails? I haven't yet repeated any designs, as far as I know, so I'm really not sure! My favourite type of nails to do are my complicated paintings, but it takes quite a while to do those, so they don't happen as often as I'd like.

7) Describe your typical day. This is going to be shameful, haha. Most of my days are spent puttering about the house. I'm on medical leave right now while awaiting a severance package from my employer, so I'm being paid to sit on my hands. I'm also looking into various business certificate programs, and trying to figure out what to do with my life now that I'm 'free'.

8) What is your favourite type of food? Thai and Indian (it's a tie).

9) Are you an optimist or a pessimist? I'd say that I'm more pessimistic. Which is to say, as the old joke goes, that I'm a realist. ;)

10) Do you prefer cats or dogs (or none:)? I enjoy dogs, but cats are my true love.

11) Show us a photo with the view from your window. This is a photo from the living room because I'm too lazy to go upstairs right now, haha! The view is the same, just tilted higher up. ;)

I like to sit here and read.

Here are my 11 random facts (if you follow me on Instagram, there might be some repeats):

1) My middle name is Leigh (pronounced lee). I think it means 'of the meadow', which I am not, and 'calm and poetic', which I also am not.

2) If I were rich, my house would be filled with paintings. I'm an art-junkie. I could collect art forever.

3) My favourite colours are green and purple (it's a tie) (just like my favourite foods).

4) I studied Ancient Greek and Latin in university, and remember pretty well nothing at all. My memory is nothing to write home about.

5) My arms are too short for my body. I can't reach things on shelves that I should be able to reach. This led to a friend nicknaming me J-Rex.

6) I am the opposite of a green thumb but I once found a floundering petunia plant in a store and nursed it back to health. I was very proud of myself. It was a very pretty shade of purple.

7) I can only cut food with my left hand and fork food with my left hand. My right hand is useless at either. So I end up cutting all of my food, putting down my knife, and then eating all of my food. It's awkward (much like me).

8) I was born with a bunion on my left foot that was operated on when I was 13. I have a pretty impressive scar.

9) I'm the least Scorpio-like Scorpio you'll ever meet. Pretty sure I could disabuse anybody of their belief in astrology.

10) I have one best friend where I live, one best friend where I grew up (other side of the continent), one best friend presently in the UK, and one best friend in Greece. I can be lonely at almost any time of day and find someone to talk to, which is wonderful.

11) I'm a neurotic picker. I pick at my cuticles, ingrown hairs, my skin, you name it. It's one of a number of my "obsessive tendencies" (as my doctor puts it). It's also a good barometer of how stressed or anxious I am.

Whew! That was a lot of stuff! If you made it this far, thanks for reading! And let me know if the comments if you follow any blogs we could give a bump to!!

xo,

J.

2 comments:

  1. It's great you've done this post so quickly :) Glad to know so much new about you! Are you a left-handed person? I can cut food with all my hand but I do the same as you:)
    Great place for reading :)
    And good luck with finding your place!))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am left-handed, yes! :) I'm glad you enjoyed reading, thank you again for nominating me!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS