Tuesday 17 September 2013

Lined French

Nothing to Disclose

Hello again lovelies!

Two posts in one day because I've got something very simple and kind of out of the ordinary for you.

I wanted to take on the challenge of doing a French mani in an interesting way, because they've never held any appeal for me before. This is what I came up with:


Things I learned from this adventure:

1) I am crap at linework;
2) I need to thin my Glitter Food.


For this look, I began with base coat and a coat of Nail Glow. I then freehanded the moons in Gossip Over Gimlets, did the exaggerated French tips in Recycle (using French tip guides, because whoa let's not be over-ambitious here), and the linework in Tempest (which also needs to be thinned). Topped it all in Glitter Food for optimal smoothness, and top coat to finish it off.


Polishes used:
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)
Dior Couture - Nail Glow
China Glaze - Gossip Over Gimlets
Rescue Beauty Lounge - Recycle (which is a beautiful dark green, but not as dark as pictured)
liner brush

I could see a better-executed version of this being a really classy look for a cocktail party or other style-forgiving event. It holds up on its own without being too complex. :)

I bought a Marc Jacobs polish today that is literally the least me-like polish I now own, and my next challenge is to incorporate it into a mani! Eep!

xo,

J.

2 comments:

  1. the idea is very cool - it sort of reminds me of t-strap heels. would love to see it in black and greys or something monochromatic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I can't wear t-straps, but I love them. Thanks!! Now I have an idea for special future use, too... ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS