Monday 15 April 2013

Hand-stitched Quilted Nails

Hello friends!

As promised, I've tried to bring you something more entertaining today. A total sweetheart named Shivani over on Instagram wanted to see quilted nails, so that's what I've done!

Sorry for dry fingers! I forgot to moisturize!!

For this look, I used three coats of Oodiful, which I pressed in using a cuticle pusher when the paint was not yet fully dry. I then painted in the seams first with silver, then with black hand stitching. Lastly, I painted a couple little flowers and petals using acrylic ink mixed with acrylic modeling paste for texture.





Polishes used:
Sally Hansen - Silver Sweep
black, white, red, yellow & green acrylic paints
INM - Out the Door (top coat)
acrylic modeling paste
detail brush

I hope you enjoyed these. And, because it's impossible to avoid current affairs and it isn't desirable to do so anyway, I just want to say that I hope that anybody you may know in love in Boston is safe and sound tonight. My heart goes out to everybody affected by this unconscionable and unfathomable crime.


J.

3 comments:

  1. These are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! <3

      (I thought I'd replied already, but apparently I did not, I'm sorry for the late reply!)

      Delete
  2. Thank you! I think I'll redo these again sometime, they were very well-liked. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS