Saturday 13 April 2013

Swatch Saturday: El Cap

At the request of my friend Megan, who wanted to see more plain swatches from me (in a fit of frustration at nail art, I think), I've decided to institute Swatch Saturday! Every (or almost every) Saturday, I will post photos of a simple manicure, sans nail art.

Today, I have Elevation Polish's El Cap, topped with accent nails of Cirque's XX.



My camera had a heck of a time picking up the true nature of the shimmer in El Cap in the lightbox, and it was a dreary day outside so I couldn't use the sun to my advantage. El Cap is a sort of dark cornflower blue with electric violet shimmer, and is a dream to apply. Anywhere in the following photos where you see a pink/violet shimmer, know that that's what the polish actually looks like in regular lighting.



A couple of close-ups here to show the holographic goodness of XX. These were 1 thick, dabbed-on coat per nail.







Polishes used:
Elevation Polish - El Cap (should be restocked in May)
Cirque - XX
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)
Nail Pattern Boldness - Glitter Food
Poshé - top coat

I have a simple nail art look for you tomorrow, and then a failwhale extravaganza for Monday, but I hope to give you something awesome to look at on Tuesday, so sit tight!


J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS