Tuesday 11 February 2014

DIGIT-AL DOZEN WEEK: Vintage/Shabby Chic Floral Wallpaper

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies!

Lookit this! An on-time post!


Debbie did a floral wallpaper-type design yesterday, and I had recently seen Katy's invention of this design over at her blog, and I was inspired to give it a shot! It is something of a "second-class" design for me because I didn't invent it myself, but I'm trying to give myself a break this week. :)


For this design, I started with three coats of Don't Bossa Nova Me Around, from the new Brazil collection. It went on pretty smooth, but needed 3 coats for opacity. I then painted the roses with Poco a Poco and the leaves with Crescent Heights (I wanted to use CG's Budding Romance but my bottle won't open and I'm an impatient human being).


I then took my tiniest detail brush and went in with Camelot to do all the lines. In retrospect, I should have used Revlon's Dominate (my go-to dark brown) because it would have added to the vintage feel. I'm kicking myself over it a bit.


Polishes used:
OPI - Don't Bossa Nova Me Around
Rescue Beauty Lounge - Poco a Poco (no longer in production)
American Apparel - Crescent Heights
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)
medium detail brush
tiniest detail brush

Today I was called into the office of the place I'm trying to work for, to meet the other admin assistant who currently works there. It was super nice, she's a total sweetheart. I know they have yet to call my references, and I'm hoping that goes well... but I'm otherwise feeling a bit better about my prospects now. :) Yay!

xo,

J.

CHECK OUT WHAT THE OTHER TALENTED LADIES OF THE DIGIT-AL DOZEN ARE UP TO:



10 comments:

  1. LOVE these! Perfectly executed and I really love your take on them. And I'm especially excited to hear that you got to talk with your potential coworker! Crossing all my fingers and toes for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! The colors are perfect-that bright green was an excellent choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace, Love & Polish12 February 2014 at 08:38

    THESE ARE AMAZINGGG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the colour of the lines is perfect. Yes, the brown would've been more vintage but it wouldn't have fitted with the darker outlining on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Girl and Her Polish13 February 2014 at 18:35

    I love the execution with this design! It is a fresh take on the rose/stripe design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it! Its different than your normal fare, less complicated, but super beautiful! You did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! Just gorgeous! And the flower on your middle finger looks really happy! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS