Tuesday 18 February 2014

DIGIT-AL DOZEN WEEK: Vintage Brass Banister

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies.

Remember me? ;) Haha. I haven't given up on Digit-al Dozen Week, though it ended last week. I've been going through some very hard times, and I haven't had the energy for much of anything since last Wednesday. But I have a job now!! I start 3 March. I'm super excited about that. Anyway, enough blather -- onto the nails!


This look was quick and easy to do. It involves only two colours, and used a liner brush and a medium detail brush. 


The base colour is Shirin, and the linework is all Educate. I used a photo of a brass banister I found on Google as my rough guide, and simplified it a bit for the nail. I could have done this with acrylic paint and gone to town on the detail, but I don't mind it like this, either.


Here is a close-up so you can see the little green flecks in Educate (very pretty):


Polishes used:
Mentality - Shirin, Educate
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)
liner brush
medium detail brush

I found out about my new job on Friday, and had my heart rather broken on Friday, too. Have you ever had that happen to you-- a really good thing and a really awful thing all at once? I'm trying to choose the path of light, to be happy and whole. Everything takes so much time, doesn't it? We're a curious bunch, us humans. :)

xo,

J.

CHECK OUT WHAT THE OTHER TALENTED LADIES OF THE DIGIT-AL DOZEN HAVE DONE:


8 comments:

  1. I think it's beautiful!
    Well, well WELL done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGS.
    I love this mani, I love that you got a JOB!!!!
    I love you - sorry about the yuckies, all gets better in time. Oh that time...he's a tricky one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really LOVE this!! It reminds me of the old gate in my old house :D Oh this nostalgic feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I just nominated you for Sunshine, Versatille, or Blogger Friendship Award. You can choose one. Well, I know it’s weird but you can check out here :D http://vicandhernails.blogspot.com/2014/02/again-with-awards-liebster-sunshine-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your design is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rewarded you the Shine On Award!
    http://toriamasons-treasures.blogspot.com/2014/02/shine-on-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your job! These are stunning! I love how you said that you would do a lot more detail with paint, and for me what you did is amazing detail! I thought it was stamped! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS