Thursday 25 July 2013

Lady Luck

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies!


Sorry about the not-posting thing. Things in Real Life have been problematic lately. For instance, today I was fired! Well, not fired. I've been on medical leave for the past... numerous months... and now that I'm ready to go back to work, there is no open position for me. Hence I get a severance and sent on my way! FUN TIMES Y'ALL. But I saw this coming from a mile away, so while I am definitely hitting the wine as we speak (well, I put it down to type, I cannot type with my toes), I'm not unconsolable.


It's more that I'm choosing to see this as Lady Luck giving me the opportunity to get myself on a different path. I'm not sure what that path is, yet, but I've been working for the same one company for 8 years now (pretty well my entire adult life), and maybe a change is a good thing.

So to you, Lady Luck, I dedicate these nails.


Method on these was kind of tricksy. I began with regular base coat and ridge-filling base coat to give myself a good canvas, then I used Liquid Palisade to draw the shapes on (I did two coats for extra sturdiness). Once the shapes were dry, I painted on the white with Tempest and peeled away the Liquid Palisade. I then used my detail brush and my black and red polishes to draw on the outlines. Not my best work, but I find larger curved lines like this the hardest things to do cleanly with polish. :)

Polishes used:
Essie - ridge filling base coat
NYC - Grand Central Station (top coat)
detail brush

I have a really neat and detailed idea for what to do next, so I hope to have awesomeness to show you tomorrow or Saturday. And if you're good and eat all your veggies, I may even water marble.

xo,

J.

PS: I am currently extra-glad that all of you read this blog. This hobby has brought so much positivity and sweetness into my life, and I'm especially appreciative right now. And no, this isn't the wine talking. <3

5 comments:

  1. 😍😘live ya gashin. Ill always follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, sweet pea! It means a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're welcome

    ReplyDelete
  4. galorious.blogspot.com26 July 2013 at 14:53

    aww, i love these! its sad to hear you got fired :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you love these! And don't worry, I will be fine, though thank you for caring about my woes. :) :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS