Saturday 7 September 2013

Pointy Shapes?

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies!

Today's endeavour is C for Colour Blocking. 


I did not colour block. I'm not sure what to call this, but most colour blocking I've seen involved striping tape, and I am not on speaking terms with striping tape. 


So this was (messily!) freehanded with four different polishes on a clear base: Rendezvous (ironically takes FOREVER to dry and WILL smear in top coat... What gives, Seche? What happened to the Vite part??), Love at First Sight, Streetside NYC, and Xixabangma. Of note is that all of these shades were 1 coaters, which I know because I did a plain skittle on my Cinderella hand. ONE COATERS!


I think my top coat and base coat decided to get together and have tons of little bubble babies. I cannot otherwise explain their presence. (Though I didn't see a stork, so I might be wrong.)


I think this look would be pretty sharp if I were to redo it in acrylics. I'd be able to get in a lot more detail. So that's a scheme on the back burner for now, along with all my other schemes, 90% of which I forget the moment I consign them to the aforementioned back burner.


Polishes used:
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)
Seche - Rendezvous
Elevation Polish - Streetside NYC, Xixabangma (discontinued! sob!)
detail brush

I'm off to the mountains (actually, I'm already IN the mountains-- I am transmitting this from the past by magic)! I'll be back tomorrow afternoon, so I hope to get in my D prompt for you darlings tomorrow evening. :)

xo,

J.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this!!! this is a way funner spin on color blocking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet pea!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS