Saturday 14 December 2013

SWATCH SATURDAY: Dandy Nails - Chilled Down

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies! Two posts in one day, totally off the hook over here!


Just a simple swatch this time, because I was in the mood for it. Accent nail is inspired by a photo Vanity Projects posted of a Lexi Martone mani that I LOOOOOVE.


Base is three coats of Chilled Down (could have gotten away with two, but taking photos in a lightbox is very demanding in terms of visible nail line). I love this polish. I love polishes that look speckled, and this one reminds me of a bird's egg. A really awesome bird's egg.


Accent nail was done with Shirin, then acrylic paint in blue and white, plus some 1.5mm rhinestones from Born Pretty.


Polishes used:
Mentality Nail Polish - Shirin (I have been ADDICTED to this polish, lately!)
butter LONDON - Nail Foundation (base coat)
acrylic paint
liner brush
1.5mm rhinestones from Born Pretty Store

Any seasonally-appropriate designs you'd like to see me do? I don't much celebrate Christmas so it can be hard for me to come up with nail art for the season. If you have any ideas, send them my way!!

xo,

J.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jolene!
    I came from the WPNFF Blogger's Camp :) First of all, I absolutely adore your blog design, it's very neat and classy! Your photography is also really good, my only suggestion would be to maybe choose uniform measurements of all photos, e.g. 800px wide and 600px high/ 600px wide and 800px high. Also, I failed to find the GFC widget, if you don't have it on your page you might want to get it, since a lot of people use GFC as their primary blog reader (I use both GFC and Bloglovin' but not everyone does). Last but not least, kudos for using Disqus! :3 Overall, you have a really great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chilled Down it's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yulia! Thank you so much for your feedback. I hope to become more uniform in my photos in future, so thank you for suggesting that, it's right along what I was thinking anyway. :) The GFC widget is harder; you're the second person to suggest I install it, but it isn't available in the Blogger Widgets anymore! (At least, as far as I can see.) If you know where I can still find it, I'd be happy to add it in. :) Thank you again! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it?! Siiiigh. It's so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're more than welcome! If I'm not mistaken, it's currently under 'other gadgets' position of the blogger menu of gadgets (the icon is 3 green tiny human figures)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bingo! I didn't realize they called it 'Followers' now. (It doesn't say Google Friend Connect anywhere in the description, which is why I couldn't find it.) Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS